Given the exceptional circumstances and the heavy disruption caused by the COVID-19 crisis across the EU, the President of the CPVO has taken the decision to extend deadlines that fall in the period 17 March – 3 May included, until 4 May 2020 for parties to proceedings before the CPVO and the Board of Appeal. The extension applies to all deadlines except for the submission of material for technical examinations and the payment of examination fees. Check the news section of this website for more info.
Plant Variety Rights
The CPVO is a European Union agency, which manages the European Union system of plant variety rights covering the 27 Member States.
- Apply for PVR Discover our online PVR application tool.
- Manage my application Access to MyPVR to allow applicants, holders and representatives to consult their files.
- Get technical guidance Discover the main steps for applying for Community Plant Variety Protection
- Variety Databases Discover the CPVO Variety Finder Database and the CPVO applications and titles in force database
- Law & practice Discover the legislation in force and the relevant case law on CPVR, as well as information about the Legal Unit and the Board of Appeal
- Official Publication Discover our e-Official Publications. Gazettes contain Register data. S2s contain closing dates and submission requirements for plant material.
News & Events
Movie on CPVO Activities