Designing an appropriate intellectual property strategy is essential in the Agri-food sector. In the EU, innovators and custodians of tradition count on several tools at their disposal when naming their products, but: how to make the most out of them?
This webinar organized in collaboration with the European IP Helpdesk will begin with an overview about the nature of plant variety denominations and their interplay with trademarks and geographical indications. The speaker will present some examples of their coexistence in the plant-related marketplace and will also provide some insights about how to make a proper use of these rights.
- Definition and function of plant variety denomination
- Definition and function of trademarks, their difference with plant variety denominations
- Definition and function of trademarks, and their difference with plant variety denominations
- Definition and function of geographical indications
- Coexistence in the market and correct use of denominations, trademarks, and geographical indications
WHEN: 10 October 2022, 10:30 to 12:00
Watch the webinar here