The CPVO is in the process of updating some of the content on its website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be corrected.
You are here
Technical examination of plant varieties in the EU plant variety protection system - Webinars on 14 & 15 November
In cooperation with the EU IP Helpdesk, the CPVO will organise two webinars on 14 & 15 November 2019 focussing on the technical examination (DUS tests) of varieties applying for Community Plant Variety Rights.
The webinars will show in detail how the CPVO carries out technical examination in general, and with a particular focus on specificities applied for seed propagated species (webinar n°1) and for vegetatively propagated plant species (webinar n°2).
If you wish to attend these webinars, you can register as of now by clicking on the relevant sessions:
- Webinar n°1: Focus on seed propagated species, by Anne Weitz, CPVO's technical expert for agricultural species - 14 November 10.30am CET
- Webinar n°2: Focus on vegetatively propagated plant species, by Jens Wegner, CPVO's technical expert for ornamental and fruit species - 15 November 10.30am CET
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- Explanation of the technical requirements for a Community Plant Variety Right (CPVR)
- DUS test – what does it mean?
- The DUS testing network of the CPVO: what it is and how does it work?
- The relation between the CPVO, applicants and examination offices