You are here
Celebrating 25 years of CPVO (Part II)
In this media interview with European Seed Magazine, Francesco Mattina, Vice-President of the CPVO, speaks about the 25th anniversary of the Community Plant Variety Office and, in particular, some more controversial policy topics, such as:
- The INVITE EU R&D project
- The EU Regulation 2018/848 (on organic production) which provides for the marketing of Organic Heterogeneous Material and for organic varieties.
- Essentially Derived Varieties (EDVs)
- New breeding techniques
- The recent decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in the case C-176/18 (‘Nadorcott’)
- Europe’s system for Farm-Saved Seeds
The interview is available on pages 36-38 of the print version of the European Seed magazine published in September 2020.
Check the online version of the article for the full interview.