Question :

In which language can I file an application for Community plant variety rights and other supporting documents?

Answer :

Applications to the Office and supporting documents shall be filed in one of the official languages of the European Union. The language in which the application is filed initially defines the language of proceedings before the Office. The applicant or titleholder may later ask for the recordal of a different language of proceedings, especially if there’s a transfer of application, right or representative. The certificate of the grant of a right will be issued in the language indicated by the applicant on the application form. Any of the official languages of the European Union may be used by a party to proceedings.